Join Grindr in celebrating National Coming Out Week, 10/10 – 10/16, and National Coming Out Day, 10/11! Last year, a group of activists staged a social media ambush, asking participants to colorize their profile pics and add the word “OUT” or “ALLY.” Thousands responded and news feeds were inundated with colorized pics.
This year, members and supporters of the LGBT community, including Grindr, want to exceed last year’s massive ambush. Participants are encouraged to colorize their profile pics this week and add the word “OUT” or “ALLY,” as well as use the hashtag #CountMeOut. Check out our colorized images on Facebook and Twitter.
How to Colorize Your Pic
1. From a computer or flash enabled device (no iPhones), go to: http://www.pixlr.com/editor
2. Upload the photo you want to colorize from your computer, or enter the URL of a photo that’s already uploaded online.
3. Click “Adjustment” on the top tool bar. Select “Color Lookup” at the bottom of the menu, then select the rainbow (4th coloring option).
4. Click the text icon on the toolbar to the word “OUT,” “ALLY,” or a different word that best reflects what you want to express.
5. Use your new pic all this week on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
How to Use #CountMeOut
1. Sample Tweets include “Being #Out means that __________ #CountMeOut,” “I am #Out because ___________ #CountMeOut,” “I support my #Out friends because ______________ #CountMeOut”
2. Add @Grindr to your #CountMeOut tweets & we’ll RT our favorites!
3. Hashtags aren’t just for Twitter! Use #CountMeOut on Youtube, Flickr & Tumblr too!